It may be time to rethink your curb appeal …
Whether bright and bold or subtle and subdued, the color of your front door is a statement. And an important one—it’s about more than just curb appeal. After all, it’s the first thing guests see before you even open the door.
Every life decision you make shows the type of person you are, giving away personality traits without you even realizing it. From the way you dress to the way you decorate your home, it all gives glimpses into your wonderful mind – even your front door style and colour can give things away about you.
London estate agent Marsh & Parsons teamed up with international colour consultancy, Pantone, to carry out research on what your choice of front door colour can suggest the type of person you are.
Front door color meanings
- Black: elegant, powerful, and prestigious
- White: simple, crisp, and pristine
- Gray: timeless and classic
- Navy: traditional, family orientated and caring
- Light Blue: you’re probably a calm and relaxed person
- Green: calm, quiet, and soothing
- Red: traditional, you love to entertain and be centre of attention
- Purple: dramatic
- Yellow: warm, welcoming, and optimistic
- Pink Lavender: youthful and spirited
- Natural stain: rustic and comforting
What Does it All Mean?
If you’re planning to sell your home in the near future, you may want to think about the colour of your front door or the colour in which you plan to paint it. While the colour may or may not dictate whether your home sells, it may attract specific buyers if the colour you choose reflects their own personality. Just some colour for thought!